I am a capable programmer and an aspiring designer. Here’s what I do.
I prefer to use:
- Gatsby for front-end website development
- Python, Django, and Django Rest Framework for full-stack website development
- Inkscape or Figma for mockups and wireframes
I am confident with:
I have used Python for a variety of projects, including:
- Full-stack websites using the Django Rest Framework (DRF) and server-side rendering
- API development with the Django Rest Framework
- Data analysis and visualization with
- Web scraping with
- Gatsby (which is based on React) for front-end website development of static sites (like this one!)
- Vanilla React to consume APIs
- JQuery and Ajax for various front-end applications
- NPM package management
Static Site Generators
- Jekyll, a static site generator based on Ruby
When possible, I prefer to work in vector spaces and with open source tools. I often work with:
- Databases: I almost always prefer to work with an ORM, but I'm comfortable with basic SQL and relational databases like MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Git: Love it. I prefer working with GitHub for online/remote version control.
- Java: Java is great, but I tend to opt for Python when either language could be used.